Guardian Defense Group is looking for Clinical Psychologists to perform pre-employment psychological assessments of applicants for law enforcement agencies. These assessments determine an applicant’s psychological fitness to safely perform the essential functions of the position they are seeking and assist the employer in making determinations as to whether the candidate demonstrates reliability, sound judgement, emotional stability, and trustworthiness and is therefore eligible to attain/maintain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance
• Review medical records, psychological test results, and interview candidates to assess eligibility for employment, including eligibility for a TS Clearance.
• Administer either the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI – 2RF) or the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI), also administer the California Psychological Inventory (CPI).
• After psychological tests, conduct personal interview lasting approximately 45-75 minutes. Testing is currently performed virtually, but in-office, in-person interviews are preferred.
• Interpret test results and write an assessment report within 10 days of interview.
• A doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Psy.D) in Clinical Psychology from a regionally / nationally accredited, American Psychological Association (APA) – approved doctoral program (degrees in Counseling Psychology will be considered if the Contracted Assessor received graduate level training and supervision in psychological assessment and testing).
• A current, valid license in Clinical Psychology.
• At least 5 years of post – doctoral experience.
• Completion of at least 100 psychological pre – employment assessments.
• Experienced in assessing candidates for law enforcement or for employment within the Intelligence Community is preferred.
• An understanding of employment law and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• No history of loss of privileges or other license concerns.
• Proficiency in writing and speaking in English.
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be able to pass a background check consisting of: National Agency Check with Local Agency Checks (NCLAC), interviews, completion of an SF 85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions), fingerprints, and a credit check.
Please contact Niki Phillips at 757-844-7478 with any questions. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.